15 – 16 May 2018
Johannesburg, South Africa
Aireon is hosting a space-based ADS-B workshop with Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) in Johannesburg, South Africa. The workshop is for Air Navigation Service Providers in the African Region from 15 – 16 May 2018. The workshop will include operations site visits, data validation insight and an in-depth overview on how ATNS will utilize space-based ADS-B.
Focusing on critical factors affecting air traffic surveillance in Africa, workshop attendees will experience, first-hand, how the latest space-based ADS-B technology from Aireon can assist ANSPs with complete airspace surveillance that will enhance safety, efficiency and operations.
ATNS will also play an important role in this workshop, not only hosting attendees, but also providing insight into the ongoing deployment of space-based ADS-B and testing and validation of the initial data. See how ATNS is deploying this emerging, groundbreaking technology.
The two-day workshop will be held at the Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo in Johannesburg, South Africa from 15 – 16 May 2018.
- Interact with South African ANSPs who are currently evaluating space-based ADS-B as a “surveillance as a service” concept.
- Gather first-hand information from Aireon on system deployment, testing and validation efforts, safety certification and additional technical requirements.
What will you learn?
- Learn how Aireon customer, ATNS, will deploy space-based ADS-B operationally.
- Understand the process and cost-benefit to de-commissioning MSSRs over time and as they reach end-of-life.
- Learn technical specifications and gain a thorough understanding of the Aireon system including technology implementation, interoperability and satisfying numerous air traffic management requirements for enhancing efficiency.
- Understand individual use cases on how space-based ADS-B will benefit each ANSP from a cost-savings and safety perspective.
- How the contracting process works and associated timelines for system integration.
Tuesday, 15 May 2018: Day 1
|9:15am-10:00am||Welcome and Introduction|
|10:00am-11:00am||Aireon Deployment Overview|
|11:30am-12:00pm||General Introduction to ATNS|
|1:30pm-2:30pm||Safety in Africa and the Aireon Impact|
|2:30pm-4:00pm||ATNS Use Case for Space-Based ADS-B and Data Distribution Options for Africa|
|4:00pm-5:00pm||Conclusion of Day 1 and Next Steps|
There will be a dinner provided by Aireon and ATNS at 7:30PM at the Signature Restaurant at Morningside Sandton. Transportation will be provided to and from the Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo.
Wednesday, 16 May 2018: Day 2
|9:00am||Day 2 of Workshop Begins|
|10:00am-12:30pm||Visit ATNS Data Verification and Validation Centre|
|12:30pm||Workshop Concludes and Lunch|
Please note the deadline to register is 27 April 2018.
Workshop Venue and Hotel Information
73 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)11 393 8000
Fax: 086 624 9734
ATNS has secured a Workshop Room Rate for R1300 per night. To get this Room Rate, please call the hotel and reference that you are attending a conference for ATNS on 15-16 May 2018 (bookings need to be made over the phone, not via website or internet). This will allow a booking rate of R1300 per night.
Do you need an invitation letter to obtain a visa to enter South Africa? Please send your full name and travel dates to email@example.com.
For any addition questions or information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.703.287.7452.